Friday, October 24, 2008

Our First Ice-Capade

The weather had been absolutely beautiful here in Maryland! For the first time, this Florida girl is experiencing seasons. The leaves are changing and as we drive down the roads there are signs for farmer's markets, Halloween in the Garden, and food and holiday festivals. The days are getting colder and colder. The other morning we woke up to ice on our cars! Robert, being the first to leave, comes back into the house and says, "There's ice on our cars! How are we suppose to get ice off?" I say, "I dunno, pour warm water on it I suppose." So, we did and come to find out later that morning at work that pouring hot water on your car can cause your windows to crack! The teachers were laughing as my eyes widened in horror as they explained that you have to scrape the ice off your car. One of the teachers then gave me this long scraper with a brush and explained how to use it. I come home and explain that we're suppose to go out into the freezing morning around 6:30 some mornings and scrape the ice off our cars before getting into the car that takes 10 minutes to warm up. This is going to be a LONG winter. However, my loving husband said he would scrape the ice off my car each morning. I am so loved... or so I thought. Come to find out, he knows that this is going to be a shocking winter for me and if their is ANY chance of moving to another cold place he'd better try his best to make it tolerable. :)

1 comment:

Joe Llorens said...

Don't you dare abandon a second cold destination! We need an excuse to go to Colorado.